New Year’s Resolutions for the North Oregon Coast
Don’t make resolutions that are too complicated, or too hard to keep! Focus on a few things that make you feel like ‘you’, but perhaps a better version of you. Here are some general themes or goals for the year.
Top 5 2024 Resolutions:
1. Get outside
2. Take care of loved ones
3. Take care of yourself. Self Care! Treat yourself!
5. Escape the day-to-day. Rejuvinate.
1. Get Outside: okay, this isn’t too hard when you’re at the coast, but do you need some new ideas? The Cove is a nice spot in Seaside. It’s in the most southern part of town and looks different than the rest of the beaches in Seaside. It’s circled in rocks and driftwood and is a popular surfing spot. There are some parking spots here, so drive down Beach Drive, or walk the 1.5 miles from Inn at the Prom or the Gilbert Inn.
2. We need to care for those around us to have meaning in our day to day. This one is simple, book a stay at one of our hotels and take your family or friends to the beach!
3. Self care! We can’t keep up if we don’t slow down and take care of ourselves. Enjoy simple walks on the beach, soak in a jetted tub at Inn at the Prom, or relax by the fire pit at Inn at Haystack Rock (or any of the hotels). Enjoy the character of the Gilbert Inn by sitting by the fireplace in the lobby. Get a massage in town, or enjoy perusing a local bookstore.
4. Exercise: Walk/run/roller blade/one wheel the 1.5 mile Promenade in Seaside. Inn at the Prom sits on the promenade that runs parallel to the beach. If you’re feeling adventurous, head to Ecola State Park and hike down to Crescent beach. This trail is steep and can be muddy, but there is a reward at the end, a beautiful section of beach only accessible via the trail.
5. Rejuvenate. Break away from the mundane, day to day. Do something you wouldn’t usually do. Rent a surrey built for 4 or 6 in Seaside, or do the Highlife Adventure Park Aerial Challenge Course on HWY 101.